What is DefenseLite?
DefenseLite is a clear security shield that installs over existing window and door glass creating a layer of protection designed to ‘keep the bad guys out’.
A patented technology, DefenseLite is 250 times stronger than glass, nearly invisible once installed and an affordable solution that works.
Utilizing proprietary high-optic UV coated polycarbonate shields, multi-layer thin films and tough structural adhesives and anchors, DefenseLite is an engineered forced-entry solution that combines the best of materials science with an easy "retrofit installation solution".
Where other solutions fall short…
DefenseLite addresses every building's most vulnerable area – Glass windows and doors.
• Untreated: glass can be instantly breached with a simple metal punch
• Security Window Film: even properly installed, only delays entry for 30-45 seconds
• Laminated glass: breaks upon impact; expensive to install/service
• Roll-down grills and deployable gates: look terrible; expensive and costly to service over time, and only work when deployed
• Outperforms security window film and laminated glass
• Less costly than unsightly grills and gates
• 250 times stronger than glass alone
• Provides 24/7 invisible glass protection with no moving parts
• installs quickly and has an impressive warranty
DefenseLite is a custom solution
Each DefenseLite system is custom fabricated, based on:
• Existing glazing conditions
• Potential threats
• Customer preferences/desired budgets.
System components include:
• Use of exotic plastics, polycarbonates and glass-clad shields
• Installation with all-weather adhesives, high-performance films and mechanical anchors
• Interior and/or exterior installation, depending on existing conditions