Preparing for your window film installation
Congratulations on your decision to purchase professional installed window film by Shore Tint & More. To make sure the installation goes smoothly, please read these commonly asked questions and answers. If you have other questions or concerns, please discuss them with your dealer. This is a general care sheet. Every Project is different, different precautions may be executed for a specific job.
WILL THE DEALER INSPECT MY WINDOWS BEFORE THE INSTALLATION BEGINS?
It is common for the dealers to inspect windows prior to installation, to check for and note items such as
• Loose panes and Broken Glass
• Framing imperfections
• Scratches in Glass
• Alarm system components
• Glass stickers
WHAT ABOUT PRIOR GLASS BREAKAGE OR IGU SEAL PROBLEMS?
Tell your dealer if your home or building has a history of glass breakage or insulated glass unit (IGU) seal failure. Your dealer needs this information to help select the appropriate window film problem for your situation. Failure to share this information could cause film to glass compatibility issues and possibly void warranty coverage.
SHOULD I REMOVE WINDOW TREATMENTS AND KNICK-KNACKS?
• Remove all items from window sills such as plants and other knick-knacks?
• Removal of window treatments should be discussed prior to installation.
• If it's not possible to remove window treatments, position them for easy access to the glass.
SHOULD I MOVE THE FURNITURE?
• Move any furniture you can that could block access to the windows
• If pieces are too heavy for you to move your dealer may agree to do this for you.
• This should be discussed prior to installation
WHAT DO I DO ABOUT DUST, OTHER CONTAMINANTS AND MY PETS?
The cleaner the air in your home the better the installation will be. To minimize airborne contamination during the installation process:
• Close all air conditioning and heating vents near windows.
• Clean the floors and vacuum the carpeting the day before installation.
• If Possible, remove pets from the area during installation.